Painting your child’s face is a great fun way to celebrate your child. This is something you can do on your own and not have to wait until the fair comes to town. Children feel as if they have entered another realm when they get their face transformed into what their heart desires. With a few simple strokes of the brush and dab of the sponge your child can become a butterfly, tiger, rainbow in minutes. And if you are up for a even greater bonding time, allow you child to paint your face too!
Heres how to create the butterfly look above:
1. Make sure you only use paints specially for the face painting.
2. Begin from the inner part of the left eye working your way outward to the top of the head and to the bottom of the chin using a sponge to dab on the colors of the rainbow. Have the colors slightly touch, but do not blend together.
MAKE SURE YOU AVOID EYES. Leaving a paint free parameter around eyes.
3. Repeat this step on the right eye.
4. Take a script liner or thin brush with black paint and be creative with the outline of the butterfly.
5. Add a few finishing touches with dots and swirls to create a more detailed look.
For further ideas check out this site: http://www.facepaintingdesigns.co.uk/